In this article, you will learn how to create a program that is by invitation only or only allows people from the Community to get on a Wait List, so administrative personnel can approve who can register.
Click Programs then Add New Program.
Creating and Administering a Private Program
Initial Setup of a Private Program
Follow the instructions for How Do I Create or Edit a Program? and pay close attention to the following:
Online Registration and Show on Portal
- If you'd like the program to not show on the RecDesk Community site and administrative personnel will be "inviting" people to register, uncheck the Online Registration and Show on Portal checkboxes.
- If you would like the Program to be available for Community Members to request to be in a Private Program, check both of the Online Registration and Show on Portal checkboxes. They are checked by default. This will allow them to get on a Wait List, and administrative personnel can approve/not approve them for online registration.
- If the program will be available for Community members to request to be in the Private Program, check Allow Wait Listing. The default is checked.
- If you would like Community members to be able to request to be in a private Program for a specific window of time, enter an Enrollment Begin Date and/or Enrollment End Date. You can also optionally Set Specific Time(s) for one or both of these dates. These date(s)/time(s) only impact Online Registration. You will always be able to register individuals in-house (via RecDesk Director) at any time.
- If this program will be available for Community Members to request to be in it, Enrollment Maximum will be 0 so all requests will be done through the Wait List. Therefore we recommend that this info be added to the Description/Notes for the Program.
- If you wish to include Notes on the registrant's receipt, check Include Notes on Receipt.
- If this program will be available for Community Members to request to be in it, change Enrollment Maximum to 0 so anyone interested in this program can add themselves to the Wait List to be considered for participation. Administrative personnel can then Approve/ not Approve each waitlisted person for online registration. See How Do I Approve a Waitlisted Person for Online Registration?
- Gender will be enforced when getting on a wait list, and Age Restrictions can also be entered/enforced by entering Age as of Date(s) for the cutoff. See Notes here
- Fees - Add all fees under the Fees tab (see How Do I Create or Edit Fees for a Program?). It is important to add fees for Private Programs because people approved for online registration will go through the regular registration process where they will select fees, fill out forms, and make payments.
Administration of a Private Program
- For all Private Programs, you will be utilizing the programs's Wait List. Click Programs, click on the program name, then click on the Wait List tab.
- For programs that are not visible on the Community site, administrative personnel should add all people they wish to invite to the wait list in-house; see How Do I Add Someone to the Wait List?
- Community members requesting to be in a program will already be on the waitlist.
- Once you are ready to invite people to participate, from the program's Wait List, click Actions next to the person you'd like to invite, then click Approve for Online Registration; see How Do I Approve a Waitlisted Person for Online Registration? for more information.
At this time, Private Programs should not be set up on FlexReg programs.
Age as of Date is the date you want a registrant to be that age (Age Minimum) and not exceed an age until (Age Maximum). For example, if you want a registrant to be 8 by 9/1/2019 and not to be older than 10 by 11/30/2019, enter 9/1/2019 as the Age Minimum Enforce as of Date and enter 11/30/2019 as the Age Maximum Enforce as of Date.