Custom categories create the drop-down lists when you are adding programs, facilities, and memberships. Some of these categories (Program Type, Program SubType, Facility Type) show as categories to filter lists in RecDesk Community. In this article you will learn how to set up the custom categories and drop down lists that make sense for your organization.
Before You Start
You must have a Director or Assistant Director RecDesk user role to add/update Custom Lists
Click Admin then Manage Custom Lists
Setting Up Custom Categories and Drop Down Lists
To add new categories, or drop down values, simply click on the category name and then click Add New... Enter the name of the category or drop down value, and click Save.
- Facility Types - Facility Types allow you to categorize your Facilities. These can then be assigned to Facilities either when adding or editing them. The Facility List page (in both Director and the RecDesk Community portal) can then be filtered by this value. Some examples might be: Ballfield or Classroom.
- Facility Subtypes - RecDesk does not currently have a way to filter by Facility Subtype; therefore, we recommend not setting them up.
- Program Types - Program Types allow you to categorize your Programs to fit your organization's unique offerings. These can then be assigned to Programs either when adding or editing them. The Program List page (in both Director and the RecDesk Community portal) can then be filtered by this value. Some examples might be: Youth Programs, Adult Programs and Summer Camps.
- Program Subtypes - A further way to categorize Programs
- Fee Types - Fee Types are the general labels used to describe the name of a Standard Fee. These are then assigned to specific Programs (along with a value), Membership Types and Facility Reservation schedules. Some examples would be: Resident, Non-resident or Scholarship.
- Add-On Fee Types - Add-On Fee Types are the labels used to describe the name of an Add-On Fee. These are then assigned to specific Programs (along with a value). Some examples would be: Before Care, After Care, Lunch, T-Shirt.
General Ledger Codes - Programs, Membership Types and Facilities (for purposes of Reservations) can be assigned a General Ledger code for Reporting and Accounting purposes. This allows for consistent tie-in with your town/organization's larger finance and accounting framework. Note: If you are using General Ledger Accounts and plan on using the Household Credit Account, we recommend that you set up a GL Code for this purpose. See Setting Up Household Credit GL Code.
- Sales Tax - Add Sales Tax Descriptions and Rates. You can designate one rate as the default. Programs, Membership Types and Facilities can then be assigned a Sales Tax Rate.
- POS Discount/Coupons - Add POS Discount/Coupon Descriptions and Rates. Click Enable POS Discounts/Coupons when you wish to have these available on the POS terminal. Click Disable POS Discounts/Coupons when you do not want these available on the POS terminal.
It's a good idea to add these when first setting up your RecDesk system because then you can choose them when setting up Programs, Facilities, Memberships, etc.