In this article, you will learn how to create and edit fees for a program.
Before You Start
Before adding Program Fees, you should create Fee Types (Standard Fee Types) and Add-On Fee Types that are appropriate for your organization. See How Do I Set Up Custom Drop Down Lists.
Click on Programs and click on the program name. Then click on the Fees tab
Click on the Edit button.
Creating and Editing Fees for Programs
Community Payment Option
- Must Pay In Full At Checkout (default) - All fees for the Program are paid in full by Community Members online.
- Minimum Deposit Required At Checkout - Community members have the option to pay the deposit amount OR the full amount due online. After selecting this option, enter Amount of deposit required.
May Pay Later ($0 Due at Checkout) - Community members have the option to pay $0 OR the full amount due online (See * in Notes)
Adding Standard Fees
- Select the Fee Type 1 from the drop down (see How Do I Set Up Custom Drop Down Lists?)
- Enter the Amount of the Fee
- Fees can be set to be applicable to Only Residents or Only Nonresidents by choosing Residency Restriction from the drop down (see Setting Up Residency Requirements)
- You can choose whether or not a Fee appears on the RecDesk Community site by simply checking or unchecking the Show Fee on Portal checkbox. (Note: You may opt to allow processing of scholarship or special rate fees by mail-in or in-house registrations only)
- Click Show Advanced Options if you would like this Standard Fee Type to start and/or end at a specific date/time, and/or to restrict this Standard Fee Type to Members of certain Memberships. (See ** in Notes)
- To have this Fee start and/or end at a specific date/time, enter a Fee Effective Date and/or Fee End Date. You can also Set Specific Time(s) for one or both dates. These dates/times only impact Online Registration. The Fee Dates will appear next to the Program Name when registering in-house (via RecDesk Director).
- To restrict this Fee to Members of certain Memberships, simply check off the Membership(s) in which the Member must be currently active in to select this fee (registrants must be current active Members of at least one Membership checked off in order to choose this Fee Type).
- Repeat for all Standard Fees.
Adding Add-On Fees
- Select the Add-OnType 1 from the drop down (see How Do I Set Up Custom Drop Down Lists?)
- Enter the Amount of the Fee
- Select Residency Restriction from the drop down (see Setting Up Residency Requirements)
- You can have this Add-On Fee appear on the RecDesk Community site by simply checking or unchecking the Show Fee on Portal checkbox
- Repeat for all Add-On Fees.
Program Fees must be added once you have defined your Program. Registration is not enabled until there is at least one Standard Fee defined. Up to 12 Standard Fees (Resident, Non-resident, etc) and 12 Add-Ons (After Care, etc) may be assigned to a Program.
* Please Note that if you allow Invoice Me (Pay Later) or Credit Card (Pay Now) OR Invoice Me (Pay Later) under your Admin Settings, registrants can pay later, regardless of the setting on the Program. See How Do I Allow Community Members to Pay Later for Anything Online?
** If you need to restrict a fee to a certain group of people, set up a Memberbship for this purpose, enroll the people in the membership, and then restrict access to the fee so only people enrolled and active in that membership can choose that fee by checking the membership under Advanced Options.