In RecDesk you can set up a payment plan, or "recurring payment" intended to pay off the balance owing on an invoice.
Click on the Money Tab, and then Invoice List. Navigate to an Open or Overdue Invoice and click on Actions, Create Payment Plan.
Setting up a Payment Plan on an Invoice
Select the type of payment plan you want to create for the Unpaid Balance of the Invoice by either selecting a predefined Payment Plan Template from the drop down, OR clicking Create Custom Payment Plan. Both options will allow you to edit the Payment Plan, but choosing a template will prefill some of the options.
How do I set up a Recurring Payment, make Payment Plan arrangements for an invoice?
- Select either a Payment Plan Template (see How to I Create a Payment Plan Template?), or choose to create a Custom Payment Plan
- Enter the Plan Start Date (defaults to current date)
- Select a Payment Plan Method from the drop down:
- Enroll in AutoPay - Select this option to have installment payments made automatically. Then choose a Payment Option from the drop down (Note: You must have Stored Payment Options for this Household). See How do I set up a Household Stored Payment Option for Payment Plans?
Send Installment Due Email - Select this option to send an email to the Customer each time an Installment Payment is due.
Manage Manually (No Email Sent) - Select this option to manage the Payment Plan manually
- Select the Payment Frequency from the drop down
- For Daily Payment Frequency, select how often to create Daily Payments by choosing a number in the Every # days drop down
- For Weekly Payment Frequency, select how often to create Weekly Payments by choosing a number in the Every # weeks drop down and select which Day(s) of Week
- For Monthly Payment Frequency, select how often to create Monthly Payments by choosing a number in the Every # month drop down and select either On Day of Month and enter the calendar day from the drop down OR choose a more specific pattern by selecting the On the option and choosing from the drop downs (for example, On the Last Friday)
- Optionally enter an Initial Payment/Deposit as a Percent (%) OR in Dollars ($)
- Enter Number of Payments (Note: this number does not include Initial Payment/Deposit)
- Click Continue to preview the payment plan. You can click Remove Installment, Add Installment, or change any Installment Amounts, but they must add up to the Outstanding Balance in order to Create the Payment Plan.
- Clicking Recalculate will split all installments into equal amounts.
- Click Create Payment Plan
After a Payment Plan is set up people can pay an installment online or in-house. See How does someone Make a Payment on a Payment Plan Online? or How is a Payment made on a Payment Plan Installment In-House?
To remove a payment plan from an invoice, select the Invoice, click View Payment Plan, click Edit Payment Plan and then scroll to the bottom and click Delete.