The RecDesk Point-of-Sale Terminal allows you to process Returns in order to keep track of revenue and inventory (if applicable).
Open the POS Terminal. See How do I Open My POS Terminal? Then click on or touch the POS Actions drop down and choose Process Return to enter Return Mode
Returning an Item on a POS Terminal
- To Add an Item to the Cart to be Returned, do one of the following:
- To Increase or Decrease Quantity of an Item to be returned, do one of the following:
- Click on or touch the or the or the button
- Entering any part of the name of the Item in the box labeled Search or scan items..., and click on the Item name from the drop down (to increase)
- Click on the Item again (to increase)
- Scan the Item again (to increase). See * in Notes here.
- To Remove All the Quantity of an Item from the Returns Cart, click on or touch the
- To see a filtered list of Items by Category, click on the Category name on the lower left of the Terminal
- If you'd like to apply a POS Discount/Coupon Code, click on Apply Discount/Coupon and select the Discount Scheme from the drop down. Then click Apply. See How do I Set Up Custom Categories and Drop Down Lists? to add/remove Discounts/Coupons and to Enable/Disable this feature.
- Once all Items to be returned have been added to the Returns Cart, click or touch the CONTUNUE button
- Optionally Find or Add New Member to Process the Return to a specific Customer. See ** in Notes here
- Next, choose the Refund Method and optionally a Reference, and Reason for Return. If you chose the Household Credit method, you'll receive the message: "Note: This will auto-credit this customer's household account in the amount of the refund".
- Click or touch Continue
- Click or touch Process Now
- Click or touch Return to Register.
POS refunds must be processed as Returns in order to update inventory and for GL Accounts to be reduced properly.
** Customer other than General Patron is required for Refunds Issued to Household Credit Accounts. We recommend leaving General Patron as the Customer on Cash Returns