In this article you will learn how to Ppen a Point of Sale Register from the Terminal.
Before You Start
You must follow all steps under Getting Started with POS before you can open a POS Terminal. See Getting Started with POS.
Opening a POS Terminal
- Depending on your RecDesk User Role, you open the POS terminal in a different way:
- POS Cashiers and POS Shift Managers: Log into RecDesk Director
- Non-POS Cashiers: Click on the Go To POS button on the right-hand side of the screen or click on the POS Terminal from the POS submenu
- Select the Location from the drop down
- If your system is configured with multiple Registers per Location, select a Register from the drop down (see How do I Manage Multiple Registers at One Location?). If the Register is not yet open, enter the Opening Cash Balance and optionally a Note to open the register. See * in Notes here.
- If using a Thermal Printer, check off Enable Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer. See How Can I Print on a Thermal Printer and Open a Cash Drawer from a POS Terminal?
- Click Next. See ** in Notes here.
The POS Terminal will appear with all Items Available at that Location. See How do I Choose the Items For Sale on Each Terminal?
* If you do not have a role of Director, Assistant Director, or POS Shift Manager, you must get a manager's approval by having a Director, Assistant Director, or POS Shift Manager type his/her User Name and Password under "Manager Approval Required".
** Note: You will only be prompted to select a Location/Register the first time you go to the POS Terminal during your login session. After that, when reopening the POS Terminal, you can change Locations/Registers by clicking on the Change Location link beside the name of the Location/Register.