Selling Items is easy with the RecDesk POS Terminal. You'll learn how it is done in this article.
Before You Start
- When selling Items, be sure that the Terminal is in Sale Mode, which is the default mode you are in when first opening the Terminal.
- To change the Sale Item buttons to a list, click on the Display as list option next to Views.
Open the POS Terminal. See How do I Open My POS Terminal?
Selling an Item on a POS Terminal
- To Add an Item to the Cart, do one of the following:
- To Increase or Decrease Quantity of an Item, do one of the following:
- Click on or touch the or the or the button
- Enter any part of the name of the Item in the box labeled Search or scan items..., and click on the Item name from the drop down (to increase)
- Click on the Item again (to increase)
- Scan the Item again (to increase). See * in Notes here.
- To Remove All the Quantity of an Item from the Cart, click on or touch the
- To see a filtered list of Items by Category, click on the Category name on the lower left of the Terminal
- If you'd like to apply a POS Discount/Coupon Code, click on Apply Discount/Coupon and select the Discount Scheme from the drop down. Then click Apply. See How do I Set Up Custom Categories and Drop Down Lists? to add/remove Discounts/Coupons and to Enable/Disable this feature.
- Once all Items have been added to the Cart, click or touch the CHECKOUT button
- Select a Payment Method: Cash, Check, or Credit Card
- Make the Payment. See How do I take a Payment on an Open Invoice? See ** in Notes here
- Click or touch Continue
- Click or touch OK
- Optionally click or touch Print drop down and choose a print option and/or Return to Register.
** You may click Search or Add New to have this POS transaction placed under a specific Member(as opposed to a General Patron). When manually entering RecDesk Credit Card payments, Search for a Member to autofill name and address information on file.