RecDesk allows you to accept payments via eCheck/ACH (requires Authorize.net account).
Before You Start
Authorize.net Prerequisites - the following items must exist in order to accept payments by eCheck/ACH:
- You must be a US-based merchant selling to customers in the US
- You must have an Authorize.net account configured in RecDesk
- Your account must be enabled for eCheck processing by Authorize.net . If you are working with GovtPortal, please contact them directly. If you set up your Authorize.net account on your own, you must submit the eCheck.Net application
- Under the Authorize.net Account Security Settings, enable the Transaction Details API. If you are working with GovtPortal, please contact them directly. If you set up your Authorize.net account on your own, go to the ACCOUNT tab, and click on Transaction Details API under the Security Settings section. Then click Enable Transaction Details API.
After you've completed the above Authorize.net steps, please contact your Customer Success Manager at RecDesk or email us at email@example.com to activate the eCheck/ACH feature
Once the feature has been activated, sign up to get a User Alert if an eCheck/ACH Payment is Returned for any reason, including Insufficient Funds, Account Closed, Invalid Account Number, etc. See How do I Sign Up for Email Alerts for Users?
Handling eCheck/ACH Returns
See Returned eCheck/ACH payments by going to the Money tab and then the ACH Returns subpage.
If an eCheck/ACH payment is Returned**, we recommend you follow one of these steps:
- If the reason for the return is insufficient funds, contact the customer and ask him/her to add money to the account. Once the money has been added to the account, Void the Payment - see How do I Void a Payment or Refund? If the payment was made from a payment plan, the payment will be reprocessed the night the payment was voided. If the payment was made manually, process the payment again.
- If the reason for the return is that the account is no longer active, add a new Stored Payment Option (see How do I set up a Household Stored Payment Option for Payment Plans?), and then Void the Payment. If the payment was made from a payment plan, edit the payment plan, add the new payment option to the plan, and the payment will be reprocessed the night the payment was voided. If the payment was made manually, process the payment again.
Making Payments with eCheck/ACH
- Add a Household Stored Payment Option with Source Type of eCheck/ACH.
- Make a payment with an eCheck/ACH Stored Payment Option
You can also use the eCheck/ACH option when you create a Payment Plan or on Auto-Renewal of Memberships