In this article you will learn how to set up your thermal printer for auto receipt cutting and to open the POS cash drawer automatically.
Allowing Auto Receipt Cut and Open Cash Drawer
- Set Thermal Printer as Default - For Windows 10, Click on the Windows Start button and then click Settings. Click on Devices, then click on Printers & scanners. If you have Let Windows manage my default printer checked, you'll need to uncheck it before you can choose your own default printer. Click on the Star TSP100 Cutter (TSP143) printer, click Manage, and click Set as default.
- Click on Printer Properties
- Then click on the Device Settings tab at the top. Change settings to the following, then click OK. See Notes here.
Note: On Windows 11, the Device Settings under Printer Properties, may look different; see an example of how to change the settings here:
- If you do not have a cash drawer, select Buzzer for Peripheral Unit Type.
- On Chrome, the default Friction is 72 x receipt, no matter how it is set up in the properties. Therefore, on your first print, you need to select the Show Advanced section of the print dialog screen and change it to 72x200. Then it will work going forward.