In this article you will learn how to set up your Star Micronics TSP100 printer. Please note: We ONLY support thermal printing on Windows and Mac/OSX.
Before You Start
See Which Thermal Printer and Cash Drawer Work with RecDesk POS and Payment Receipts? You don’t necessarily need to have your printer connected to your computer at this point. If you are reinstalling the thermal printer, be sure to uninstall the current thermal printer and remove it from the Device Manager prior to reinstalling.
Setting Up the Thermal Printer for POS and Payment Receipts
If your printer came with a CD-ROM then insert it on your CD-ROM Drive and go to the next step, otherwise you can download the drivers directly from StarsMicronics official web site.
- Enter your product model or serial number and select your printer's Support Page
- Click DOWNLOAD on the Model's futurePRNT Software Full version, check I Agree, and click DOWNLOAD again
Once the download is finished then go to your Downloads folder and unzip the file “tspxxx_Vxxx” (right-click on the file, click Extract All…, then click Extract).Note: file name will vary depending on the version of the driver you downloaded.Go to the folder that was created and click on the setup folder, then click on the Setup Application.
- Click Yes to agree to the insatallation
- You will Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard screen. Click Next >
- Check I accept the terms in the license agreement and then click Next >
- Check Setup Type of Typical and then click Next >
- Then click Install
- Wait for the installation to finish; this might take a couple of minutes