The last step is to allow your web browser to print receipts after each transaction without showing the print preview window.
Enabling Auto Printing on the POS Thermal Printer
Firefox (Recommended for the Best User Experience)
- Open Firefox and type about:config in the address bar and press enter. Click Accept the Risk and Continue.
- Type print.always_print_silent in search bar
- If options pop up, select Boolean and click "+" to add (it should then change to true). If the settting is already found and is false, make sure it's true by clicking on the toggle button to the right of the setting.
- Type paper in the search bar
- Scroll down to print.printer_Star_TSP100_Cutter_(TSP143).print_paper_height
- If you see a value next to the setting, click on the pencil icon to the right of the setting, space out the value to clear it, and click the Checkmark to Save
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the setting print.printer_Star_TSP100_Cutter_(TSP143).print_paper_width.
Chrome (Not Recommended - More Technical Expertise Required) See ** here
- Create a Chrome shortcut in your desktop (find the Chrome icon in your Windows Start menu and drag it to your desktop). Note: make sure your desktop is visible first.
- Right-click on the new shortcut icon and click Properties.
Type:--disable-extensions --disable-plugins --kiosk --kiosk-printing http://[OrganizationShortName].recdesk.com/Director/POS/POSInit.aspxat the end of the Target field, where [OrganizationShortName] is the same name that you see on your RecDesk Director url.Example:”C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-extensions --disable-plugins --kiosk --kiosk-printing http://oakridge.recdesk.com/Director/POS/POSInit.aspx
- Click OK and restart Chrome (or close all the windows you have open).
*** See Important Notes here.
Internet Explorer and Edge (Not Recommended/Supported)
Auto Printing is not recommended/supported by these browsers. You can still use your Thermal Printer, but the receipts won't print automatically. Therefore, you will see a Print Preview screen and you must hit the Enter key to print after each transaction.
Next Step: How do I Test the POS Thermal Printer?
** If using Chrome, we recommend disconnecting all other printers from the PC, and disabling all Chrome extensions when printing POS receipts using the Thermal Printer.
*** You must ALWAYS use this shortcut when printing POS receipts with the Thermal Printer. Therefore, we recommend that you rename this shortcut to POS Kiosk, or similar. To exit fullscreen mode, press the Windows key + the Tab key and close out the window.
If printing is truncated, please change the margins to minimum.