In this article, you will learn how to test your POS thermal printer after setting it up.
Before You Start
Please follow these steps exactly prior to testing the POS thermal printer and cash drawer:
Testing the POS Thermal Printer
Once the Thermal Printer Setup steps are complete, follow these steps to test the Thermal Printer:
- Open the Firefox Browser as recommened in How do I Enable Auto Printing on the POS Thermal Printer?
- Log in to RecDesk Director and click Go To POS. If you have a role of POS Cashier or POS Shift Manager, simply log in.
- Choose a Location
- If your system is configured with multiple Registers per Location, select a Register from the drop down. See How do I Manage Multiple Registers at One Location?
- Check off Enable Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer
- Click Next
- On the POS terminal, click POS Actions, then click Test Receipt Printer
- Click Print Test Receipt.
Chrome (Not Recommended)
- Double click on the Chrome Desktop Shortcut created in the Chrome section of How do I Enable Auto Printing on the POS Thermal Printer?
Follow Firefox steps listed above.
The Actions button from the POS terminal will allow you to Open Cash Drawer, Test Receipt Printer, and Deactivate/Activate Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer.
See Thermal Printer Troubleshooting for help if printing is not successful.