In this article you will learn how to go about setting up Kisi Access Control on RecDesk. See What is RecDesk Access Control?
Before You Start
Once your access control hardware including Place is set up on Kisi, contact your RecDesk Customer Success Manager and we will email you more instructions.
How to Implement Kisi Access Control on RecDesk
- Make a List of your Kisi Doors and the RecDesk Facilities to which they are Attached (you will send this as an attachment to RecDesk via the Kisi Access Control Secure Form you received a link to in the email we sent you)
- Set Up Kisi API Key
An API Key allows RecDesk to be connected to Kisi. We use this API Key to sync Members with Kisi cards, and assign them to Groups in your Kisi account.
- Sign in to your Kisi account
- Click on your User Name (upper right)
- Click on My Account
- Click on the API tab
- Click on Add API Key
- Enter a Name and a Password
- Click on ADD
- Under the API, click Show API Secret Key (you will send this to RecDesk via the Kisi Access Control Secure Form you received a link to in the email we sent you)
- Set Up Access Groups on Kisi (please consult with Kisi to set these up)
- Set Up RecDesk Memberships with Access to an Access Group
- Set Up Member Cards for RecDesk Members with Access Control
- Enroll Member in Appropriate RecDesk Membership
Email Addresses must be unique in Kisi; please see Kisi Notes HERE