In this article you will learn how to Create Document Types so you can later attach those types of Documents to Members or Personnel/Volunteers See What are Document Types?
Before You Start
You must have a Director or Assistant Director RecDesk user role to add/update
Click Admin then Manage Custom Lists. Under the category of Other, click Manage Document Types.
How To Create a Document Type
- Click Add New Document Type
- Enter the Document Type Name (Birth Certificate, Background Check, etc.)
- Optionally add a Description for the Document Type
- Choose the Applies to Type (Member or Personnel/Volunteer) from the drop down
- Choose the Expiration Type from the drop down:
- No Expiration
- Specific Date - Enter the Expiration Date
- Choose Pattern - Enter the Default Document Expiration in Day(s), Week(s), Month(s) or Year(s). The Expiration Date will be set using that Pattern from the date of the initial upload.
- Click Save.
See the following articles to see how to attach documents with/without these Document Types:
- How Do I Attach a Document to a Member?
- How do I Attach a Document to an Instructor, Coach or Volunteer?
See the following articles to see how to to search by Members or Personnel/Volunteers with certain Document Types: