RecDesk allows you to accept payments via eCheck/ACH if you use Authorize.net or Clover Connect as your payment processor.
Before You Start
Authorize.net Prerequisites - the following items must exist in order to accept payments by eCheck/ACH:
- You must be a US-based merchant selling to customers in the US
- You must have an Authorize.net account configured in RecDesk
- Your account must be enabled for eCheck processing by Authorize.net . If you are working with GovtPortal, please contact them directly. If you set up your Authorize.net account on your own, you must submit the eCheck.Net application
- Under the Authorize.net Account Security Settings, enable the Transaction Details API. If you are working with GovtPortal, please contact them directly. If you set up your Authorize.net account on your own, go to the ACCOUNT tab, and click on Transaction Details API under the Security Settings section. Then click Enable Transaction Details API.
Clover Connect Prerequisites- Contact your Clover Connect Reqresentative and have them activate ACH on your account.
After you've completed the above Prerequisites for your payment processor, please contact your Customer Success Manager at RecDesk or email us at email@example.com to activate the eCheck/ACH feature. Please mention that you have already completed the prerequisites required for ACH with your payment processor.
Once the feature has been activated, sign up to get a User Alert if an eCheck/ACH Payment is Returned for any reason, including Insufficient Funds, Account Closed, Invalid Account Number, etc. See How do I Sign Up for Email Alerts for Users?
Making Payments with eCheck/ACH
- Add a Household Stored Payment Option with Source Type of eCheck/ACH; see How do I set up a Household Stored Payment Option for Payment Plans?
- Select Payment Method of Stored Payment Option and choose the ACH Account as the Payment Source.
Handling eCheck/ACH Returns
See Returned eCheck/ACH payments by going to the Money tab and then the ACH Returns subpage.
If an eCheck/ACH payment is Returned**, we recommend you follow one of these steps:
- If the reason for the return is insufficient funds, contact the customer and ask him/her to add money to the account. Once the money has been added to the account, Void the Payment - see How do I Void a Payment or Refund? If the payment was made from a payment plan, the payment will be reprocessed the night the payment was voided. If the payment was made manually, process the payment again.
- If the reason for the return is that the account is no longer active, add a new Stored Payment Option (see How do I set up a Household Stored Payment Option for Payment Plans?), and then Void the Payment. If the payment was made from a payment plan, edit the payment plan, add the new payment option to the plan, and the payment will be reprocessed the night the payment was voided. If the payment was made manually, process the payment again.
You can also use the eCheck/ACH option when you create a Payment Plan or on Auto-Renewal of Memberships
** If you void the returned payment and the invoice has a payment plan, the payment plan will become invalidated. So please remember to Edit the payment plan and click the Recalc button at the bottom, or delete the payment plan and create a new one, if appropriate.